Fri, Nov 17|
Yoga on the Move - The Shala
200h "Root to Rise" Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training (Waitlist only)
Deepen your Yoga journey and dive into the wisdoms, teachings and traditions of Hatha-Vinyasa Yoga to become a certified Yoga teacher.
Time & Location
Nov 17, 2023, 5:00 PM GMT+1 – Jun 16, 2024, 5:00 PM GMT+2
Yoga on the Move - The Shala, Akazienstraße 27 Hinterhof rechts, 4. OG, 10823 Berlin, Deutschland
About the Event
Our Yoga teacher training for 2023/24 is fully booked, but if you would like to be added to our waitlist, you can still submit your application.
Deepen your Yoga journey and dive into the wisdoms, teachings and traditions of Hatha-Vinyasa Yoga. Create a solid foundation by studying the ancient practice in depth, root into the teachings and your self-development to rise as a skillful and compassionate yoga teacher.
This training is Yoga Alliance® certified.
This yoga teacher training is designed to take you deep into yourself, to get into your own truth and share it in an authentic, safe and knowledgeable way .
Based on the traditional teachings of Asana, Pranayama, meditation and vedic philosophy, we integrate contemporary anatomy and tools of modern psychology and mindfulness, to equip you with the tools necessary to get your own growth and practice rolling.
We focus on building a stable foundation in yogic basics, physically, mentally
and spiritually. We re-build the practice from the ground up, allowing you to let go layer by layer of old habits and re-connect the body-mind-system back to union.
Rooted in the belief that every being has a purpose and a meaningful message to share, this training encourages your unique gifts to be expressed authentically and powerfully.
We invite those who wish to become teachers as well as those who want to take their practice to deeper physical, mental and spiritual levels.
Some of the things you will learn:
* Introduction to the Yogic Philosophy, Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, History of Yoga, and Vedanta
* Intro to breath and pranayama techniques
* Simple & transformative Meditation techniques
* Art of Alignment & how to articulate direct, clear, intelligent cues
* 85+ traditional Asanas
* How to build intelligent, creative Vinyasa Yoga sequences
* How to integrate props & teach to all levels
* Verbal and basic hands-on adjustments
* Fundamentals of anatomy and physiology
* Introduction to the business of yoga & How to get started as a teacher
* Art of teaching: Teaching skills, voice, communication, space holding
* Postural alignment primary postures, plus key actions/refinements to make complex positions accessible
* How to find your authentic voice and share your gift!
And so much more…
TECHNIQUES, TRAINING, PRACTICE 75hrs: Asana, Pranayama & Subtle Body, Meditation
In this largest hourly aspect of the training, we’ll learn about the different tools of the yoga practice, their effects on body, mind & energy body and disassemble them step-by-step to create a solid foundation to teach yoga.
- Guided daily practice: Asana, Mantra, Pranayama, Meditation practice and yin yoga.
- Asana lab: Postural alignment in primary yoga postures, plus key actions/refinements to make complex positions safe and accessible
- How to safely access deeper power, flexibility, and grace in your practice
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY 30hrs: Anatomy, Physiology, Biomechanics
This module will give you the confidence, knowledge, and skills you need to share the practice with others in a profound and safe way. You will learn to align intention, attention, and action to be able to create powerful and meaningful yoga classes.
- Getting to know the major body structures including muscles, bones, joints, organ systems
- Introduction to biomechanics which includes plane of movements, relationship of body areas to each other, gravitational impact of positions on body structures, movement science
- Introduction to fascia and fascial planes (anatomy trains)
- Introduction to the nervous system and its relationship with the practice of yoga
- The anatomy of the breath
- Injury prevention and special needs considerations
YOGA HUMANITIES 30hrs: History, Philosophy, Ethics
This module will introduce you to the ancient philosophical foundations of the Yogic practice. It will give you a deeper understanding of the roots of yoga and how to honor these roots when you pass them on in your unique way.
- Exploration of the History of Yoga, School’s lineage, style and methodology
- Introduction to yoga philosophy and traditional texts, like the Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Basics of Sanskrit and chanting Mantras
- Self-reflection on how yoga ethics relate to practice and teaching and to our responsibility in regards to Cultural Appropriation
TEACHING ESSENTIALS 50hrs: Teaching Methodology, Professional Development, Practicum
This module will give you the confidence, knowledge, and skills you need to share the practice with others in a profound and transformative way. You will learn to align intention, attention, and action to be able to create powerful and meaningful yoga classes.
- Art of teaching: Teaching skills, voice, communication, space holding
- Sequencing intelligent classes, which are powerful, dynamic, and balanced
- Introduction to the business of yoga & how to get started as a teacher
- The modules and practices focus on connecting you back with the wellspring of your own truth by using the intelligence of your body-mind-heart so that what you share with the world is YOU, unique and authentic.
The training is designed as a part-time training that guides you step by step, weekend by weekend deeper into the practice and teachings of yoga. The times are the same each weekend and allow you to continue your job and daily tasks. Yet beyond the following dates you will receive tasks or reflection exercises to do at home.
Times each weekend:
Friday 17.00 - 21.30
Location: Yoga on the Move - The Shala, Akazienstraße 27, 10832 Berlin-Schöneberg, Germany
Marlene Schmitt is a 900hrs+ certified Yoga Teacher, co-founder of Yoga on the Move and Nike trainer. She is fascinated by the healing power of yoga on a physical, mental and emotional level. Through her classes she wants to inspire to let go of the everyday worries and invite to dive into deeper layers of consciousness. She teaches Vinyasa Yoga, Meditation, Yin Yoga, Sequencing and Teaching Methodology.
Alex Perez is a licensed medical doctor and Yoga teacher working and living in Berlin. He teaches yoga in a non-rigid and modern form based on a scientific understanding of movement and of the body. Having received his medical license, Alex uses his profound anatomical and physiological knowledge to adapt his guidance to the unique physiognomy of each of his students, herewith creating a safe environment for all to freely express their body wisdom through movement.
Krishna Kumar Krishnan, Yogamunīśvaradāsa grew up in a yogic family in South India where he was initiated into spirituality and Haṭhayoga Sādhana by his father. 16 years ago he moved to Europe to study and work. His experience of western lifestyles reinforced his belief in the importance of yoga and mindfulness practice for a balanced, healthy and sustainable life in the modern world. After years of studying and educating himself, he is a certified BDY and EYU teacher, sharing his teachings in yoga studios, workshops and teacher trainings. At our training Krishna will share Philosophy, History and Pranayama techniques with us.
Tara Rose Sullivan, is a New York native, senior Alexander technique teacher (ACAT’98) and an advanced certified Jivamukti Yoga teacher. Her more than twenty years of teaching the Alexander Technique have included an extensive private practice as well as teaching at diverse settings including universities, retreats, and teacher trainings. Further Tara is a solo mother to a young feral boy, who she is raising vegan, anti-speciesist and punk rock. At the training Tara will share her expert knowledge in Physiology and Anatomy with us.
Early Bird: 2.990,00 € (sold out)
Regular: 3.490,00 € (fully booked)
Pricing includes all costs of the 200-hour teacher training, the printed handbook as well as a 200-hour certification.
*Note: Accommodation is not included in the program price. If you are living outside of Berlin we kindly ask you to book your stay independently. If you need assistance or recommendations feel free to message us.
The teacher training will be taught in English.
In order to apply for our 200hrs training, please fill out the application form and we will send you further information to register via email. The registration will be complete with the deposit payment of 500,00€
Payment plans are available.
We are so looking forward to root & rise together with you!
We bow to your light
Tara, Krishna & Marlene